5 specific cases where black rappers have disrespected black women in songs, videos and the media. Boycott rappers. Part 1
I have decided to launch a mini-crusade against rappers. In a previous post I implored black ladies not to financially support rap music by disrespectful male rappers anymore, period, end of story. But I'm not sure if the message is getting out there as it should. I think we are letting too much stuff slide black ladies. What do you think?

Black male rappers have been blatantly disrespecting black women in videos and songs for over two decades now. That is over 20 years of negativity that members of our own race have been propagating throughout the black community. I specifically target black male rappers because they are the only ones who seem to be going out of their way to disrespect black women for some reason.

We wonder why many little black boys are so disrespectful and angry at the world. We also wonder why many little black girls tend to have lower self esteem and get involved with the same boys and men who are disrespecting and hurting them.

So to help promote my anti-rap crusade, I decided to create a list of specific instances where black male rappers have disrespected, insulted or put down black women and girls. This is a running list that will continue as time goes on. These rappers seem perfectly willing to keep giving me ammo, so I will continue to build on this list in future parts. Here goes:

Lil Wayne – Right Above It Song

I had a difficult time choosing just one instance of rapper Lil Wayne, as he has an entire portfolio full of songs where he disrespects or insults black women specifically. We all know about his constant references to wanting a "red bone" and getting jollies from likening kicking B-words and H-words out of his condo like Pam from Martin.

This is all despite the fact that Lil Wayne has a beautiful dark-skinned black little daughter and ex-wife (Toya) who are two of the most wonderful classy black ladies I've seen on reality television. It's all very ironic.

Now the disrespect to black women from Lil Wayne that I decided to note in this list is very slight and sneaky. You probably haven't even caught it yet. In his song "Right Above It" featuring Drake, this is what this black man with a dark-skinned daughter says:

"How do you say what's never said?

Beautiful black women, I bet that bitch look better red"

Not only did he discount the black skin of the woman in his story and say that she probably would look better "red" (as in light-skinned or red-bone), he went a step further and called her a bitch. If you do not believe me, listen to the lyrics here. The reference comes right around the 3:00 mark.

Can you believe this? Saying that a black woman would look better with light or white skin is a mark of a black male who is truly lost. Does that include your daughter, Lil Wayne? Malcolm X, where are you brother we need you bad.

Rick Ross – Aston Marton Music Song

In the video, Rick Ross take a trip back in time to when he was a kid. The young, dark-skinned black girl is portrayed as "a hater" while the biracial curly-haired girl encourages him. The exchange happens right at the beginning of the video:

Now why would Rick Ross go out of his way to cast a very dark-skinned little black girl in this video to play the one negative role in the piece? Why would he pit dark versus light in this way. Also, as you can see the girl's hair is unkempt, she has one earring and she switches her neck around in an angry fashion – another negative stereotype of black women and girls. It seems as if Rick Ross and his producers went out of their way to cast a black girl for this role. Why not put a hating young boy in that role instead of taking this very blatant shot at darker-skinned young black girls? Throughout the rest of the video the same biracial curly-haired girl (presumably) is enjoying all of the spoils of success with Rick Ross.

You don't think little black girls watch these videos and absorb this negativity about themselves on TV? This is precisely why Black Girls Rock! was needed.

Chris Brown & Friends – Deuces Remix

I heard this song, ironically, when I was driving home from attending the Black Girls Rock awards show back in November and it came on the radio. After hearing one black male rapper after another jump on the track to disrespect and insult women, I had a moment -- where the hell did all this intense woman hate come from, especially from black rappers? Their angry and disrespectful lyrics were full of calling women b-words and telling women that they are "leaving" and chucking up the "deuces." (So does that mean they're going to try other men now, or what?) I would bet real dollars that each and every one of those rappers had one or more dedicated black woman who helped him get by in his life.

I shook my head after being bombarded with beauty, elegance and positive images of black women, then I get into my car and hear a PERFECT example of why more shows and efforts like Black Girls Rock are needed.

You judge for yourself – here is a clip to the song, where black rappers let all their true feelings of hate for women shine through:

Jay Z - Black Woman as a "Double Zero"

Jay Z is yet another rapper who we have countless examples of disrespect of black women and girls. I can distinctly remember "back in the day" when his song "Girls, Girls, Girls" came out and he took the opportunity to attach every negative stereotype he could think of to the black woman in his story. Well I chose another more recent yet more obscure offense instead.

In his video "On to the Next One," which many people associated with satanic images, there is one image in particular that stood out to me. There is a young dark black woman with traditional African corn rows in the video, just standing around looking sad with two zeros on her chest. Subliminal messaging.

Here is the video. You first see her right around the 0:24 mark in the video, but she appears throughout.

Now what does this image mean? Is Jay Z and his producers telling this black woman that she is not only a ZERO, but a double ZERO and he/black men/the world should be "on to the next one." Is he saying she is a zero because she won't move onto the next level of putting weave in her hair, contacts in her eyes and sexing herself up in the way that his wife, Beyonce, has done?

Black women, open your eyes and don't allow subliminal messages like this to seep into your psyche. You are everything.

Slim Thug Insults Black Women

Slim Thug let his true feelings for black women out in an interview with Vibe Magazine earlier this year that got a lot of media attention. I wrote a blog post about him on as well here. In the interview he states:

"Most single Black women feel like they don’t want to settle for less. Their standards are too high right now." (so basically Slim Thug feels that black women should have low self-esteem and standards in life)

"My girl is Black and White. I guess the half White in her is where she still cooks and do all the shit that I say, so we make it" (basically supporting a white supremecist belief that white is better or superior. He does not even realize that he has insulted himself as well as a black person)

Here is the link to the actual interview:

Slim Thug is a disgrace to black people all over the world.

-----

I only posted 5 cases here, but there are countless others and I do plan to post as many of them as possible before I'm done. I think it's high time we start shining the light on these black male rappers and their specific offenses toward black women.

I'm doing my part.

YOUR JOB: Spread this article around to as many black women as you can. Also, if you can name a few instances, please email me them or post them under comments. Like this on Facebook if you support my little anti-rap campaign.

DO NOT SUPPORT DISRESPECTFUL RAPPERS

Feel free to share the logo:

Love

CBLady

THERE ARE 16 COMMENTS FOR THIS POST

1. Bobbi On January 22, 2011 at 7:19 PM

I've already cut most black male artist loose b/c even the so called "good" ones don't say anything in our defense so forget all of them. There's too many to count that we shouldn't support. They don't deserve our support and trust me they won't get it.

Anonymous On February 8, 2011 at 10:46 AM

great post. what do you expect from gangsters, thugs and criminals? of course they want stupid, submissive women to go along meekly with their (the rappers) stupid, abusive ideals. slim thug is brain dead anyway. and the jay-z video just is another example of how black rappers have basically joined with their white male former-enslavers to try to cut black women down.

Anonymous On April 1, 2011 at 11:00 AM

RAP IS COONERY AT ITS FINEST!! starting with 'Rappers Delight' [hotel motel holiday inn, say if your girl starts actin' up, then u take her friend?] how in the HELL did we black women let it GET THIS FAR---to get along with men, women need to maintain a little 'mystery'--guys used to SING to us, and not its US singing to guys (it's been flipped completely upside down) I think one of the 'balls' we dropped was, when we got to be more educated as in being doctors and lawyers and such, we thought the roles between men and women were the SAME and they're not--men dont take 40 weeks until birth--even if there docs themselves

ChOkLiT! On September 24, 2011 at 8:18 AM

this is just the tip of the iceberg. Young Berg and his comments about black women not being able to come out of a pool the way they went in, Kevin Hart and his twitter rant about dark skinned women having bad credit. Throw some D's On It by that dude with the big head, and the first lyrics of Chris Browns "Look At Me Now" "yellow model chick, yellow lambourgini..."

Anonymous On December 12, 2011 at 1:59 PM

yes yes yes!!! well i look at it like this they can only do what we allow...in rick ross video, why would the little black girl's mom allow this as well as jay-z video, why would the woman let this happen??? i just did a research paper on woman and respect and it states that some women will allow such rude behavior and criticism for money or fame in exchange for our dignity and respect as a whole.

Anonymous On December 16, 2011 at 8:45 PM

No REAL MAN (black or white) would speak so egregious of a woman. In fact, C. Delores Tucker, over a decade ago, spoke to this issue of "disrespect" in the music industry. Ladies, any so-called man that speaks, or raps (with a foul) tongue toward women, obviously HATES women! Moreover, he's probably a GAY man. Definitely something to think about... :)

Anonymous On February 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I always wonder if these rappers know what they are doing by portraying these negative images about sisters. They obviously do but they don't care because the money that they get is blinding (excuse my french) the shit out of them. Rappers like Dead Prez with his songs like 'beauty within' praising the natural beauty of black women don't get half the recognition they deserve. SMH this world is really the devil's world.

Anonymous On April 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I dnt support rap,why shud I? Blk women stop goin 2 their concerts and buyn their cds.i am a beautiful dark skinned girl and i dnt need sum foul-mouthed rapper 2 tel me otherwys

Anonymous On September 28, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Some of the examples are a bit far far (the Jay Z and Chris Brown Deuces). I think you read too much into to those as being specific slights to black women. However, I do believe that overall it has become the trend to diss black girls and favor white, Latina, Asian, and biracial women. It seems redundant that almost every black rapper and even singer has to specifically call out red bone and yellow chick in there songs. Its sooooooo tired and black women need to shut that mess down.

Anonymous On November 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Yea ok, I was starting to feel like I’m the only girl on the planet that thinks rap has gone too far! I totally agree, it’s gotten to the point that I feel less of a human being because of all the crap said about me as black woman. I’m sick of it, what’s it gonna take to stop people from supporting “music” that degrades an entire group women. Amazing, intelligent, Strong women might I add! Just cause we black doesn’t mean we should ok being talked about as trash. Man, I’m might just have to join this crusade right here=)

Anonymous On December 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I noticed this stupid trend long ago. Stop making these idiots rich! Don't buy this garbage. So much hate against women, particularly dark skinned women. Havn't some of these fools looked in the mirror lately? Out of all the ethnic groups, black "artists" are the only ones disrespecting their own womenfolk.So sad, our ancestors would be ashamed. We too, should be ashamed because these a--h---s are constantly being glorified despite the fact that this "hating" theme is sooo played out. In addition, none of these guys are talented, original,and can't sing. Bunch of yadayada bs and not even music any more.

sofi On February 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I do agree with this post, although I'm not black I do think that these rappers intentionally disrespect women and especially black women since black women are usually portrayed in their videos. I don't buy it when they say that B-word is not for all women so these rappers produce a song full of B-words and disrespectful connotations to women that is marketed world wide and they don't mean to disrespect women! really! who actually believes that! I support the boycott

Anonymous On July 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM

The other day, I was looking at a photograph of a very beautiful woman in a magazine. I said to a so-called friend that if I had a woman like that, I'd wine her and dine her and treat her just like a queen, to which he replied and I beg you to forgive my vulgarness, "I'd slap that bitch and make her suck my d---!" I asked him why would he do such a thing and he said it's the thing to do. I asked him what if someone did that to his mother, his daughter, his sister? He had no answer. He's constantly telling me that he can't find a "good woman" and I told him that if your way of romancing a woman is to slap her, call her a bitch and rape her, then it's no wonder women avoid you like the plague. He still didn't have very much to say other than "A man gotta keep his bitch in line." My reply was,"My dad once told me that a man who hits a woman is a woman himself." I asked him why he hated women so much that he'd want to hurt them? I even asked him if he was a closet homosexual? I mean, that's the only reason I can think of as to why so many Black men are so openly hostile toward women of any color. I finally grew tired of this conversation and left him to think about what I said. Evidently, I must have struck a nerve because he's gone out of his way to avoid me. As a Black man myself, I need to offer this advice to all women of all color and ages - don't ever give away your power to any man of any color who only wants to treat you like a blow-up doll. Women have strength and dignity and you need to remember this. In fact, it was a woman who taught me martial arts which is why I'm a black belt today. This is all I have to say.

Anonymous On November 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Rap gives us a lot to complain about. To me, the music seems mostly very boring, with not much interesting melody or development happening. Often there is none. (Listen to Esperanza Spalding instead.)

There is also the screamingly obvious problem that much of rap and hip-hop is plagiarised, or "sampled" as they say. This is basically theft, theft carried out by self-important talentless bores.

Another problem is shown both in rap lyrics and the rap lifestyle. From what I haver seen, materialism is central. Rappers seem to define themselves through owning various things, often extremely expensive. Lil Wayne boasted of being the only nigger with a Bugatti Veyron. But in a world full of speed limits, what can one do with such a car other than show off? One certainly can't carry a drum kit in it. This focus on materialism is very trivial. Life is about living, not owning stuff, and there are far more serious problems to tell the world about than the fact that some girl is wearing your Rolex.

If you want real people playing real music that has real thought behind it, I suggest Esperanza Spalding. She is a brilliant musician and appears to be a wise person as well.

Anonymous On June 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Marry me!

Anonymous On July 4, 2014 at 5:55 PM

jayz, kanye, alll this sisnister crap is out of my itunes and it has been out for a long time now , will notgive my money to these assholes